GIRLS Inspire is a community of practise (CoP) that aims to serve as a dynamic space for collaboration between partner institutions and girls and women, specifically for:
- Two-way dialogue between partners within and across targeted countries to collaborate and share best practices, learning experiences and resources
- Two-way dialogue between partners and industry leaders/experts on relevant topics
- Knowledge sharing on success stories, strategies, current events and resources on skills area such as gender-sensitive content development, multimedia and technology integration, skills training, open educational resources (OER), trends in CEFM among others
- Knowledge sharing, with the specific purpose of inspiring and motivating change, through the experiences and stories written by girls and women beneficiaries/advocates and a dialogue with partners and other CoP members
The goal is to provide a space where partners feel that they are part of a larger project and a global community working towards the same objective, and a space to access relevant resources and contacts to improve and progress their work.
The rules and values below exist to help you understand what it means to be a member of the community and cover all aspects of community interaction on GIRLS Inspire forums, blogs, contests and events. We are committed to upholding them, and we hope you will be too.
We believe when the community succeeds, we succeed.
We feel we are all better off when we are sharing ideas, knowledge and skills and helping one another. We come to give back, not shamelessly self-promote.
We are a global community of many types of people.
We are from all corners of the earth and a glorious melting pot of education professionals, creatives, skill levels, cultures, religions and more. We think the opportunity for anyone to achieve success no matter where they come from leads to a more meritocratic and equal world.
We celebrate individuality and embrace diversity.
We encourage different viewpoints as long as they are presented in a way that’s constructive and respectful. Personal attacks as well as any behaviour that is hateful or offensive based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender or sexual orientation are not okay.
We are excited about and inspired by collaboration.
By collaborating with people from different backgrounds, we are exposed to new ideas and perspectives that promote innovation.
We follow a few hard rules. Please DO NOT:
- Participate in or encourage personal attacks, call out another user and/or sabotage a user’s item.
- Discuss politics or religion.
- Troll or flame.
- Solicit for any kind of material support, donations, aid, etc.
- Talk about or link to piracy or illegal activity.
- Endorse or link to any form of terrorism or terrorist activity.
- Request or post personal (or identifying) information about any user or any other person.
- Post anything that would infringe on another person’s intellectual property rights.
Community moderation by the community
Our forums are designed so that the community plays a large role in their moderation. Forum tools enable the community to determine great content and report content doesn’t belong . The power is in your hands so please use these tools to improve your experience as well the experience of the entire community.
Our moderation approach
We can’t, and don’t, review all posts on the forum. We don’t authorise any posts and we are not responsible for their content (including text, images, and any external links). Every community forum user is responsible for their own posts – please be mindful of your words please think carefully about what you post.
Actions against our community rules may lead to deletion of your posts, comments or account with or without warning. We will not edit posts or comments; even if only part is a problem, the whole thing may be removed. All actions and decisions taken by our moderators are final.
If you have suggestions or questions about community participation or moderation, please share them in our Community forum.
To post on the community forum you have to be a member of GIRLS Inspire, and be 13 years or older. We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone aged 13 or under.